Terms and Conditions
FedNet Web Site
Free Areas User Agreement
Rules and Information
This site (the “Site”) is owned and operated by Federal Network, Inc. (“FedNet”) and the free areas of the Site are intended for your personal non-commercial use only. FedNet is a privately held corporation and has no affiliation with the United States Government.
By visiting this web site, you accept and are bound by this Free Area User Agreement (the “Agreement”) without limitation, qualification or change. You also represent that you have read and agree to abide by all the terms and a condition of the Agreement at all times while using the Site. If at any time you determine that you do not accept all the terms and conditions of the Agreement, you must immediately discontinue use of the Site. You may not use this Site in any way that involves a failure to abide by any term or condition of the Agreement.
FedNet is not responsible for the actions of any user of the Site or any injury to any user of the Site, as discussed more fully below. FedNet reserves the right to change this Agreement at any time. FedNet will post a notice of such change on the Site. By continuing to use the Site after a change is made, you accept and are bound by the modified Agreement. Only FedNet may alter this Agreement.
- The Site and all of its contents, including, but not limited to articles, other text, photographs, images, illustrations, graphics, video material, audio material, and software (collectively the “intellectual property”), are protected by copyright, trademark and other laws of the United States, as well as international conventions and the laws of other countries. The intellectual property is owned or controlled by FedNet or the party credited as the provider of the intellectual property. Additionally, the Site itself is protected by copyright as a collective work and/or compilation.
- You may not, and agree that you will not, copy, download, distribute, publish, enter into a database, display, perform, modify, create derivative works, transmit, post, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or in any way exploit any of the intellectual property, or the Site itself in whole or in part except as expressly provided in this Agreement.
- You may browse through the Site and access the intellectual property that is of personal interest to you for personal, non-commercial use. You may not reproduce, allow others to reproduce these copies, and may not make these copies available electronically. You may not save or archive a significant portion of the material appearing on the Site.
- You may not attempt to alter or modify the text posted on the Site by others, including material posted by FedNet.
Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties:
- Your use and browsing of the Site is at your own risk.
- THE SITE, AND ALL ITS INFORMATIONAL CONTENTS, IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THE RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES. FEDNET DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OF ANY INFORMATION OF ANY KIND FOUND ON THE SITE. YOUR RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION FOUND ON THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- YOU UNDERSTAND THAT IN NO EVENT WILL FEDNET OR ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION UNDER CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER THEORY, ARISING OUT OF: (I) YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, (II) YOUR RELIANCE ON ANY CONTENT, OR (III) ANY GOODS OR SERVICES ADVERTISED ON THE SERVICE; EVEN IF FEDNET OR ANY RELATED PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- FedNet is not responsible for or liable for any damage, including damage caused by viruses, to your computer, computer system, or other property, during or on account of access or use of the Site or any sites to which the Site links.
- The Site includes “links” to other Internet sites, both related and unrelated to the Site, which may be of interest to users. FedNet may not have reviewed these sites and is not responsible or liable for the content or availability of these sites.
- FedNet does not necessarily endorse the information, content, views or opinions of sites that are linked to from our Site.
- Access to and use of the free areas of the FedNet Site and limited trail periods for subscription or fee-based areas are currently available without charge unless fess have been agreed to in writing. Your access to or use of the Site before this time does not entitle you to use of the Site without charge in the future. FedNet does charge fees for access or use of parts and/or services of the Site which you can obtain additional information by e-mailing email@example.com.
- In an effort to serve you better, FedNet may use Internet “cookies,” or other programs or methods, to gather information (other than material that you post on the Site) about your use of the Site.
- All registration records and such information gleaned from your use of the Site and communications with or through the Site, if any, are the property of FedNet.
- FedNet will not sell these records or such information to third parties.
- FedNet will provide these records and information to law enforcement, other government organizations, or other entities if required to do so by law or if FedNet, in its sole discretion, believes it is appropriate.
- This Agreement is effective until FedNet terminates it.
- If FedNet determines, in its sole discretion, that you have not complied with any part of this Agreement, it may terminate your access to the Site and any services provided by the Site without prior notice. Such action removes your authorization to access or use the Site, and requires you to destroy all electronic or other materials and copies of such materials obtained from the Site, but you will still be bound by the agreements and warranties made by you, and by the disclaimers and limitations of liability contained in the Agreement.
Forum Selection and Litigation:
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the District of Columbia, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of the District of Columbia for any cause of action arising out of this Agreement.
- If a court deems any part of this Agreement invalid, the remaining parts shall remain in full force and effect.
- You agree to file any cause of action with respect to this Agreement and your rights and obligations in the District of Columbia within one year after the cause of action. You agree that a cause of action filed after this date is barred.
- This Site is controlled by FedNet. If you have comments regarding the Site or this Agreement, you may send them via postal mail to:
122 C St., N.W., Suite 520, Washington, D.C. 20001
You must send any official correspondence via postal mail to this same address.